- Visits to ISD: Families wishing to visit ISD as a potential education placement can contact Mary Rice at 317-550-4853 (V) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit.
- REMINDER: Indiana School for the Deaf School Board will meet on December 17, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Alumni Building, Media Center.
- Art Open House - Something CREATIVE is happening in the Media Center! We have been fortunate to have Warren Miller, Indianapolis’ own professional Deaf artist, working with Scotty Zwicker’s and Tiffany Hoglind’s art classes. They have been busy creating masterpieces
related to classic teen/children’s literature, to be permanently displayed on the
walls in the Media Center.
We have a special celebration in place to celebrate the merging of art and literature. The open house is scheduled for Thursday, December 19, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Alumni Hall, Media Center (G28). Please RSVP by December 16, 2013 to Donna Keller, Media Specialist, at email@example.com, if you will be attending. We'll see you there!!
Dear ISD teachers, staff, parents and ISD stakeholders, As I stated last year, we appreciate our School Board and the Governor's office's commitment to improve the quality of education for our ISD students through a comprehensive program review. The review was conducted by the Central Indiana Educational Service Center under the leadership of Dr. Mary Ann Dewan and her team. This review went very well and identified seven significant recommendations of improvement. Our action plan to address these recommendations will be broken into several phases; from those that we can change immediately to those that could take longer (three year plan). The action plan information will be shared at the School Board meeting on September 17th. The action plan is a living document. It will take a few months to make it stronger, viable, and to optimize the necessary improvements to help our educational service.A vlog will be developed to explain each recommendation and will be posted on ISD’s website.The summary report is similar to a blue print. It will help us renovate ISD as we will develop a new vision, mission and logo We welcome your questions about the summary. We are very excited about our potential and know this is very DOABLE! Together, we have a strong ISD community with great staff, teachers, and parents providing support and resources in order for our current ISD students to thrive. Please click this link as it will lead you to the pdf of the summary report of the compressive program review. This link will lead to the PPT that was used for our August school board meeting.
- Child First - Child First is a national campaign to ensure that the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) appropriately addresses the language, communication, and educational needs of deaf and hard of hearing children. Child First was developed and is being driven by national organizations that advocate for the educational rights of deaf and hard of hearing children. For additional information visit CEASD’s website.
- The Indiana School for the Deaf Alumni Association (ISDAA) is an organization consisting of alumni who either graduated from ISD or attended ISD for some time. The mission of the organization is to hold biennial school reunions and to support the school, especially in fundraising activities. For more information please go to their website: http://www.isdorioles.com/index.php/alumni. If you have any questions regarding the web site, please contact Jeff Choate, ISDAA President.
Newsletters by students
Written by students under Student Life programs. To view The Newsletter, click on one of the monthly issues.