Everyone is back from our Spring Break and there are exactly 45 school days left. The days will fly by in the blink of an eye. Here's what's happening in those 45 remaining days of school:
· ISD's track & field teams will compete in the Berg-Seeger Tournament at the California School for the Deaf in Fremont on April 14th.
· ISD's baseball and softball teams will travel to the California School for the Deaf in Riverside for the Hoy Tournament the weekend of April 20th. Go, Orioles!
· The Academic Bowl Team won the Regional Academic Bowl competition at the Iowa School for the Deaf in February. They will travel to Gallaudet University on April 14-17 to defend their National title at the National Academic Bowl competition at Gallaudet University.
· Our ISD Drama Club will be performing the Wizard of Oz on May 2nd at 7:00 p.m., May 4th at 10:00 a.m., and May 5th at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for under the age of 18.
· Don't forget to put our 67th Annual PTCO Day on May 6 on your calendar. There will be entertainment, activities for children, booths with varieties of food, vendors selling merchandise, and much more. There is a $5 parking for this event.
· Our High School students will attend their prom “A Night Under the Stars” on May 11th. We want to wish them a beautiful night to remember "under the stars". Contact Meli Ward @ email@example.com if you need more information.
· June 8th is a big day at ISD! It's the last day of school and graduation for the Class of 2018. I hope that their experiences at ISD guides our graduates from this day forward to a successful life. Congratulations to the graduates of 2018!
· Camp Willard will take place on July 22 - August 3, 2018. The Willard Summer Program is a two weeks camp with an emphasis on educational remediation & opportunities for social learning for Indiana Deaf and Hard of Hearing students from 3rd to 7th grade. Visit our Camp Willard page at www.DeafHoosiers.com or contact Jeanny Wooten, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
May your summer be delightful, and we will see you all back here on August 20, 2018 for the first day of the 2018-2019 school year.