Employment at Indiana School for the Deaf
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Indiana School the Deaf (ISD).
Please visit the Indiana State Personnel Department website at http://www.in.gov/spd/2334.htm for information on the employment opportunities with Indiana State Government and with ISD. Applications for employment can only be submitted through the Indiana State Personnel Department online system.
The state online application process allows you to store your information in the state system and save it for future use. For help on creating an online profile click here: http://www.in.gov/spd/files/quickstepguide.pdf
If you have any questions, please email our HR Inbox at HROffice@isd.k12.in.us
The Indiana School for the Deaf is currently searching for a Teacher of the Deaf dedicated to support the agency’s mission to strive to be the premier comprehensive center providing education, services and resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, their families, and educational partners. Please log into the State's website and look for Job ID # 584125. We are looking for teachers specializing in these areas:
- Secondary (Grades 6-12) in these content areas:
- Elementary (K-5)
- Prepares daily and weekly lesson plans;
- Assigns and corrects homework and classroom exercises;
- Utilizes a variety of special instructional equipment;
- Evaluates performance and progress of students;
- Counsels students on academic, personal and/or behavioral problems;
- Administers reading and achievement tests to pupils;
- Confers with parents and members of staff on behavior and/or personal problems and school progress of students;
- Organizes social activities and field trips on occasion;
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, education conferences and workshops;
- Performs related duties as required.